Door dings and dent removal are the lifeblood of our paintless dent repair (PDR) business. This comes as a surprise to some people because they assume PDR companies such as North American Paintless Dent Repair make the bulk of their money from hail damage. But ask yourself, how often have you been caught in a hailstorm, particularly in the Capital Region?
The truth of the matter is, most door dings and dents that can be repaired using PDR happen as you go about the routine activities of your life. For example, you’re at the grocery store and the person next to you parks a little too close. They fling their door open, and it hits into yours leaving an unsightly dent on your door. Acorns are another culprit. Park under an oak tree, and you may find your car looks like it’s been hit by hail.
If Your Car Already Has Door Dings and Dents
If your car has damage caused by door dings and dents, paintless dent repair is the least expensive, fastest, and most convenient way to get your car repaired; there is no need to take your car into an auto body shop or dealership. We do our repairs at your home or place of business and most take a matter of hours or no more than one day.
With North American Paintless Dent Repair you can count on:
- A free, no-obligation estimate at your home or work
- Quality repair – we have an A+ rating with the BBB
- Fast and convenient dent repair
- We show up when we say we will, no 4-hour window
- Free pickup and delivery of your car on shop repairs
- Savings up to $500 on your deductible for hail damage
- Warranty on all repairs for as long as you own the car
- Call (518) 769-5004 for your dent removal estimate
How to Avoid Door Dings and Dents
While we welcome all the ding and dent repair business that comes our way, we also want to share some simple, common sense tips on how to avoid door dings and dents to your car.
- Dings often happen when two cars are parked in a garage. Most two-car garages are a tight fit and there simply is no room for other stuff on the sides of the garage. Find alternate storage solutions for yard equipment and tools, perhaps a shed. It’s very hard to get these things in and out of a garage without risking dings to the car.
- Not to point fingers but kids are notorious for causing dings, so be sure to train everyone in the family to be careful about getting out of the car. This is useful at home, but is also courteous in any circumstance, so the kids don’t ding other peoples’ cars!
- One common source of dings are the protective poles at gas stations. These short, stout poles are intended to protect the gas pumps from cars, yet people are always opening their doors into them. Always open your door slowly with a firm grip on the handle. Never just throw your door open.
- Parking lots are an obvious place where door dings and minor dents happen. When possible, park away from other cars. Do not part near cars that have dents, dings, and other body damage. Before you pull into a space, look at the length of the doors on the neighboring cars. If they are fully extended, can they reach your vehicle? Park alongside small or economy size cars, since they have smaller, lighter doors.
- Check for child seats in a neighboring car, as that may increase your risk of a ding. Remember that for a parent to properly strap their child in a car seat, they normally need to fully extend their doors.
- Look for covered parking if there is a potential for rain and hail. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
North American Paintless Dent Repair serves the Capital District and Adirondack Region, including Lake George, Schroon Lake, Southern Adirondacks, Albany-Troy-Schenectady, Glens Falls, Saratoga, Ticonderoga, Fort Ann, Amsterdam, Cohoes, Colonie, Gloversville, Johnstown, Whitehall, Chatham, and more.